Small write up on how to install custom firmware using DCV7
for Pre-requisites please check my earlier post
2. Extract the rar file and transfer the DC7 folder into /PSP/GAME folder on to your memory stick
3. copy the downloaded 401.PBP in to your memory stick root
4. Take a back up of your memory stick
5. On your PSP goto game and select Despertar del Cementerio v7.7
6. Follow the steps. Once the installation is complete press X
7. Insert the pandora battery on to your memory stick and press the key combination which you selected during installation of DC7
8. The Recovery console appears. You can install or test 4.01 M33 2
– A format flash function has been added which is usefull to correct problems in some psp that get an error when installing 4.01 M33, or to have a custom partitioning of the flash.
– An id storage tools function has been added. It allows to create a new id storage (including for first time, the regeneration of region and umd keys), change region (including umd region), or fix wlan mac address.
Best part of this release is you can restore idstorage at least 90% which is really cool for bricked PSP’s
Enjoy! and do this at your own risk 😉