2008-10-26: Updated with 5.00 M33-3
Sony has released v 5.00 of PSP firmware which is an updated to 4.05 firmware. Sony has done some improvements mainly:
- The [PlayStation® Network] category has been added in the XMB Menu
- The [PlayStation® Store] and [Account Management] are now available under the [PlayStation® Network] category
- The Sleep Timer feature can now be used under [Music].
- USB Auto-Connect added as a feature under [Settings]
- The [Original] theme has been redesigned. (now uses PSP 3000 only colours too)
- Full-Screen keyboard has been added to the On-Screen keyboard.
PSP Slim and PSP 3000 only features:
- Full screen and/or interlaced TV-out option for PSX games
But still there is no support for AVI/divx files 😦
OK now to guide.
1. You need a PSP with custom firmware at least 3.5 m33 installed
2. Download the original firmware file from here
3. Download the firmware update from DA. Click here to download the 5.00M33-3 file
4. Extract both the rar files.
5. Now connect your PSP to PC via USB or use your card reader.
6. Place the 5.00M33 files in the following folder in your memory stick: ms0:/PSP/Game/Update
7. Copy the original firmware to the same folder as the update : ms0:/PSP/Game/Update
8. Before update ensure that battery is at least 75% charged or connect to A/C
9.Now, goto your XMB->Game->Update. Click on the update firmware. This should install the v5.00 M33 on your PSP
Enjoy and have fun!
P.S. As always, thanks to DA for providing the custom firwmare 🙂