I purchased a Sandisk Micro SDHC 4 GB card for my Sandisk Express player. Copying songs all went perfectly fine. when i inserted the MicroSDHC card on my Sandisk Express, the player recognized the card but it failed to detect the songs.
I read the posts on Sandisk forums and they mentioned that the new firmware supports SDHC card. I am on Sandisk Express player but it kept crashing constantly on formatting.
So this is how i got the Micro SDHC card work on my Sandisk Express player
1. Insert the MicroSDHC card to your PC using a cad reader
2. Start->Cmd->run (obviously on MS Windows)
3. Type the following command:
format Z: /FS:FAT
Where Z: is the drive in which the MicroSDHC card is inserted
4. This will take a while for formatting and after formatting you will be prompted regarding the Cluster size if the card is > 2GB. Type in “Y” and press enter
5. After format is done, copy the songs and its done!
6. Now insert the micro sdhc card on to your Sansa Express. First time it would take some time to populate the songs database. Voila!
I was using Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC card. Sansa express supports till 8GB. But be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware.